As a teacher, you know that organisation is the key to success in the classroom. But beyond the usual supplies like pencils and paper, there are some unexpected items that can make your day-to-day teaching experience even better. Here are 10 items that every teacher could do with in their classroom.
- Coffee Maker: Let’s face it, teaching can be exhausting. A coffee maker in the classroom will be your best friend during those early mornings and late nights of grading papers
- Confetti Cannon: Need a quick pick-me-up during a long day? Blast some confetti! Not only will it bring a burst of joy to your classroom, but it’s also a fun way to celebrate achievements and milestones with your students.
- Mini Whiteboard Set: Whiteboards are essential for teaching, but why settle for just one? Get a set of mini whiteboards and markers for your students to use during class discussions, group work, or for individual practice. It’s a great way to encourage collaboration, and your students will love using them!
- Stress-Relief Kit: Teaching is stressful, so make sure you have a stress-relief kit on hand. Include items like stress balls, fidget spinners, and calming essential oils to help you relax and refocus during those hectic moments.
- DIY Bulletin Board: Skip the plain bulletin boards and create your own DIY masterpiece! Use fun and colourful fabric, scrapbook paper, or even wrapping paper to create a unique bulletin board that reflects your personality and teaching style.
- Class Mascot: Every classroom needs a mascot! Choose a stuffed animal or toy that represents your class and make it a part of your classroom culture.
- Mini First Aid Kit: Accidents happen, so be prepared with a mini first aid kit. Include band-aids, antiseptic wipes, and other basic first aid supplies. It’s a practical item that can come in handy during small emergencies and shows your students that their health and safety are important to you.
- Classroom Library: Create a cosy reading nook in your classroom. Stock it with a variety of books that cater to different interests and reading levels. Encourage your students to read for pleasure during downtime or incorporate it into your lesson plans.
- Inspirational Quotes: Display inspirational quotes or affirmations on the walls or bulletin board in your Zen Zone. Positive messages will uplift students and help promote a healthy mindset.
- Teacher’s Planner: Finally, a teacher’s planner is an essential item for every classroom. Stay organised and on top of your lesson plans, meetings, and other important events with a planner designed specifically for teachers.
Being a teacher is a rewarding but challenging job, and having the right tools and items in your classroom can make a big difference in your day-to-day experience.
What items help you get you through the day and keep your classroom unique and exciting? Let us know in the comments section below! Or post in our forum, we have a dedicated section in the Fun Room called “creative corner” for teachers to share cool ideas!
This article was written by the TeacherHaven team, help us support education by contributing to our blog, email us at email@example.com